Effective Date: May 2020
By accessing or using the Services, you consent to our collection, use, and sharing of your information in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register for an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a survey, contest, promotion or event, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Account Information When you register for an account on the platform to use the Services, you will need to provide us with certain personal information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you, which may include your name, email address, username, password, and phone number. We also collect other information you provide as part of registration process and the administration and personalization of your user experience, including demographic information such as your gender, age, and zip code. We may combine this information with the personal information we collect from you.
- Health Information We may collect health information provided by you or generated through your use of the Services. This includes details of your informational exchanges with participating providers and their responses, suggestions, and guidance, and interactions with our digital services. We may also hold the information that you have consented to share about you and your health where you have chosen to link other apps, devices, or services—such as the Apple HealthKit, fitness trackers, or other health-appliances—to our Services.
- Transaction Information We may collect and store information about the products you purchase and shipping and billing information. We may also collect limited payment information from you, such as payment method and payment card information; however, we do not store full payment card numbers and our third party payment processor processes all transactions.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services, the types of information we may automatically collect about you include:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of, and interaction with the Services. For example, we may collect information about how you communicate with health care providers while using the Services, including the content you share, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications. With your consent, we may access and collect information from certain native applications on your device (such as your device’s camera, photo album and phonebook applications) to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control the collection of location information and/or our access to other applications on your device, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Location Information. With your permission, we may also collect information about the precise location of your device using methods that may include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, and Wi-Fi access points. For more information about how you can control the collection of location information and/or our access to other applications on your device, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Log Information: When you access or use the Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your activities on the Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies: We and our service providers use various tracking technologies, including cookies, to collect information about you when you interact with our Website, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Website.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We may receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you, for example, we may receive notes from Providers regarding their interaction with you during a consultation or other relevant interaction.
Use of Information
We may use your information for various purposes related to our operations and your use of the Services. For example, Near may use your information to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services and provide you with relevant information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Near and others;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform the Services on our behalf;
- With third party businesses to provide you with information about products and services that may be useful to you;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business, other change of control transaction or financing;
- Between and among Near and any current or future parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, the Services do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals and consequently, the Services will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s “Do Not Track” feature is activated.
Near takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to or from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Reviewing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You may access, correct, and/or request deletion of certain information that you have provided to us by contacting us through the Services, or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you email us, for your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will attempt to comply with any reasonable requests for accessing, correcting, or deleting your information.
With your consent, we may collect information about your actual location when you use our mobile applications. You may stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device but note that some features of our mobile applications may no longer function if you do so.
Native Applications on Mobile Device
Some features of any mobile applications made available by Near or its affiliates may require access to certain native applications on your mobile device, such as the camera, photo album and the address book applications. If you decide to use these features, we will ask you for your consent prior to accessing the applications and collecting associated information. Note that you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings on your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Sites.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or within our mobile applications.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have additional privacy rights. For a complete discussion of such rights, please see our [Insert link to: California Rights and Disclosures].
Customers or Users Outside of the United States
If you a resident of a jurisdiction located outside of the United States, please see our [Insert link to: European Economic Area and other Non-U.S. Jurisdictions Disclosures].
Children’s Privacy/Notice for Minors
We take seriously our obligations under applicable laws concerning the collection of information from children under 13. Our services are neither intended for nor directed at children under 13. If you believe a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, if you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. If you would like to request removal of content or information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.